Raised Garden Bed - How To
We demonstrate how to assemble our Rustic and Cedar Raised Garden Beds.
Raised Garden Bed - Overview
We explain the features and benefits of our Rustic and Cedar Raised Garden Beds.
What's the difference?
In this video, we demonstrate the difference between our Elevated Garden Planter and Raised Garden Bed.
Raised Garden Bed - Prepping
We outline a few tips on how to get your Raised Garden Bed started right.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the raised garden beds have a bottom?
No. Our raised garden beds offer the sides only, so roots can extend further into the native soil. If a bottom lining is desired, there are many options depending on your space. Common raised garden bed linings include landscape fabric, loose gravel, sticks or plywood.
Why should I use a raised garden bed instead of just planting my garden in the ground?
There are many benefits of planting your garden in a raised garden bed:
- They extend the planting season - raised beds warm more quickly in the spring.
- If you have poor native soil, you can tailor the soil in your raised bed to the plants you plan to grow in it.
- They can reduce weeds if landscape fabric is used as a bottom lining.
- Since you don't walk on the raised beds, the soil is not compacted and the roots have an easier time growing.
- They tend to drain better.
- In addition to growing plants, they double as a focal point in your yard.