Raised Garden Bed - How To
We demonstrate how to assemble our Rustic and Cedar Raised Garden Beds.
Raised Garden Bed - Overview
We explain the features and benefits of our Rustic and Cedar Raised Garden Beds.
Raised Garden Bed - Prepping
We outline a few tips on how to get your Raised Garden Bed started right.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the raised garden beds have a bottom?
No. Our raised garden beds offer the sides only, so roots can extend further into the native soil. If a bottom lining is desired, there are many options depending on your space. Common raised garden bed linings include landscape fabric, loose gravel, sticks or plywood.
Why should I use a raised garden bed instead of just planting my garden in the ground?
There are many benefits of planting your garden in a raised garden bed:
- They extend the planting season - raised beds warm more quickly in the spring.
- If you have poor native soil, you can tailor the soil in your raised bed to the plants you plan to grow in it.
- They can reduce weeds if landscape fabric is used as a bottom lining.
- Since you don't walk on the raised beds, the soil is not compacted and the roots have an easier time growing.
- They tend to drain better.
- In addition to growing plants, they double as a focal point in your yard.